110 W. Erwin
Tyler, Texas 75702
A wine swirl is a special event designed to draw visitors to the downtown area and into our businesses and buildings. Events such as these have been extremely successful in other Texas communities such as Nacogdoches, Georgetown and others. Up to 500 people will come to our downtown to enjoy wine and food samples, listen to music and enjoy the downtown at-mosphere.
A few details:
• The Downtown Tyler Wine Swirl is set for Saturday, June 27, 2015,
• Downtown restaurants, other locally owned restaurants and area
vineyards will have the opportunity to participate by offering food and wine samples in downtown buildings.
• Tickets for the event will be $50 per person. On the day of the
event, ticket-holders will come to Gallery Main Street and receive a commemorative plate and wine glass, as well as a wristband with 10 pull-off tabs.
• As the guest goes to a venue, he or she pulls off a tab and gives it to the winery representative in that
building. The winery will then give the guest a 2 oz. sample of wine. The guest may just have the sample, or may purchase wine by the glass or by the bottle.
• Along with the wine sample at each participating site, the guest will receive a food sample from the down-
town and locally owned restaurant assigned to that particular site.
• We will also have a few art booths as well as live music.
• Participating businesses are encouraged to promote themselves with special sales, coupon sheets, flyers,
• This event will serve as a fundraiser for the City of Tyler Main Street Program, which has the duty of fund-
raising a large portion of its annual budget. Among the department’s downtown revitalization programs, the Main Street office manages Gallery Main Street and all of its programming, conducts the popular Cash Mobs, administers the downtown façade grant program, assists businesses with business counseling ser-vices, provides guidance to property renovation and the Federal tax credits, assists with the Half Mile of History program, manages events such as ArtWalk and the Downtown Museums Open House and much more.
• Security will be provided by off– and on-duty police officers.
• Signage, and extra trash receptacles will be placed throughout the venue.
• Volunteers will be assigned to each Wine Swirl site.
• A Tipsy Taxi service will be offered.
• Questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org